EK-Zhemchuzhina Baikala (E. Korshunova)

EK-Zhemchuzhina Baikala (E. Korshunova)

Postby Valkiria » January 26th, 2012, 1:12 pm

ЕК-Жемчужина Байкала (Е.Коршунова) Крупные махровые сине-голубые звезды с пурпурным краем и бело-зеленым кантом обсыпаны кремово-розовыми штрихами фэнтези. Темно-зеленая с кофейно-красно-кремовой каймой шоу-листва. (Hybridizer's description)

EK-Zhemchuzhina Baikala (E. Korshunova) Large double blue and light blue stars with a purple edge and white-green edging sprinkled with strokes of cream and pink fantasy. Dark green show-foliage with coffee, red and cream border.

ЕК-Жемчужина Байкала
(pearl of the Baikal)

Lake Baikal (Russian: о́зеро Байка́л) is the world's oldest lake, at 30 million years, and deepest, averaging 744.4 metres (2,442 ft).

Located in the south of the Russian region of Siberia, between Irkutsk Oblast to the northwest and the Buryat Republic to the southeast, it is the most voluminous freshwater lake in the world, containing roughly 20% of the world's unfrozen surface fresh water.

At 1,642 metres (5,387 ft), Lake Baikal is the deepest and among the clearest of all lakes in the world. Similar to Lake Tanganyika, Lake Baikal was formed as an ancient rift valley, having the typical long crescent shape with a surface area of 31,722 km2 (12,248 sq mi), less than that of Lake Superior or Lake Victoria. Baikal is home to more than 1,700 species of plants and animals, two thirds of which can be found nowhere else in the world and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. It is also home to Buryat tribes who reside on the eastern side of Lake Baikal, rearing goats, camels, cattle and sheep, where the regional temperatures vary from a minimum of −19 °C (−2 °F) in winter to maximum of 14 °C (57 °F) in summer.

wiki resource

Valkiria
Senior

Re: EK-Zhemchuzhina Baikala (E. Korshunova)

Postby Laci » January 26th, 2012, 1:25 pm

We call it "Bajkál tó". Beautiful flower and Lake Baikal is also really beautiful!
Laci
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby Laci » July 6th, 2012, 12:35 am

Very free flowering variety.

Laci
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby Valkiria » August 3rd, 2012, 1:16 pm

Beautiful jewel, Laci!
Valkiria
Senior

Postby olivia » August 3rd, 2012, 5:13 pm

I saw Valkiria's Pearl in May and I fell in love with it!
olivia

Postby olivia » January 31st, 2019, 12:08 am

Well, I'm still in love with it. It's January 2019 now and somebody has recently made a video on the frozen Baikal Lake. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.
But I can't help posting a picture of the frozen lake. It's not my picture but I hope nobody minds.
I've never been to the Baikal Lake but I can imagine it just by looking at all the colours and shades of this wonderful variety. The hybridizer was really inspired to give the variety this name!

olivia

Return to Cultivars D-F