Hybridizers Names and information

All new members can introduce herself/himself here.
Forum rules
Please put in the following information:
* Name
* City/Country

* Introduction

Please do not post your email address here!

Hybridizers Names and information

Postby violetgirl » February 16th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Hello, I am Karen from Pennsylvania USA. I have been enjoying your Forum for quite some time. Thank you to all who post. I have grown violets off and on for my lifetime of 60 plus years. I have tried endlessly to find information on Russian and Ukrainian hybridizers or any hybridizers outside of the USA. I would like to know a little about them individually. Their names and are they women or men and where they live and their background. But I have been unsuccessful in finding much of anything. Is anyone able to direct me to some information or tell me about any of them. Thank you for your time.
violetgirl

Re: Hybridizers Names and information

Postby Gabi_Munich » February 21st, 2019, 12:36 am

Hi Karen,

nice to hear that you enjoy reading in our forum :) Good to know that people like to read as so few are posting (sometimes I was wondering if people are interested in the forum).

If you want to read some more info on Russian/Ukranian hybridizers, our member Basti has collected info on some of them, sometimes with links to their homepages. I do not speak Russian but I use an online translator to read the Russian homepages.

You can find the threads here - viewforum.php?f=120&start=75

Happy growing,
Gabi
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Re: Hybridizers Names and information

Postby violetgirl » February 21st, 2019, 1:41 am

I am very interested in this forum, VERY! I have been trying to explore it a bit more and did happen to come across some of Basti's references. I am not accustom to using the forum and it has taken me a while to get into it to find the information. I wish there was a central place that would talk about the hybridizers from all countries as i admire their work. I have found a few pieces of info here and there. I have also found that Russian/Ukranian are not appreciative of the translations. I am trying to teach myself about the method of identifying their varieties. My opinion is that people in the USA need to be educated about this method and not criticized as the information is not easy to come by and they are only trying to be able to identify in a language they can understand. Most of us are busy taking care of our plants and not doing research. So please educate me all you can about this. I will pass it on the best I can. I also have put a request to AVSA to see if they will expand on this topic. Your response to me is appreciated to know others are willing to help me out and give me guidance. So thank you Gabi !
violetgirl

Return to Introduction